STEP 4-Army: ARMY ACTIVCLIENT INSTALLATION ASSISTANCE PAGE
184.108.40.206 (Windows 7 and below)
220.127.116.11 (Windows 8 and above)
(If you are NOT in the Army, look here)
(THIS PROGRAM ALLOWS YOUR READER TO "COMMUNICATE" WITH WINDOWS)
The AKO download links on this page are for Army personnel ONLY
IF you are NOT in the Army, click here
NOTE: If you are looking for any version above 18.104.22.168, you need to know these are all hotfixes to the base 22.214.171.124 version. So, you need to download the 126.96.36.199 below, then update it to a newer version.
WINDOWS 7 & 8 USERS:
If you have a: "GEMALTO TOP DL GX4 144," "GEMALTO DLGX4-A 144," "Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 Dual," or "G&D FIPS 201 SCE 3.2") CAC and are using Windows 7 or 8, you might be able to use your CAC without the need of installing ActivClient.
Read more about the older CACs and replacing them
If you only need the ability to logon to CAC enabled sites, consider using LPS (Lightweight Portable Security). The ability to complete and digitally sign forms does not exist via this method.
Windows 8 & 8.1 users click here for information on how to use your CAC on your computer.
The instructions below for ActivClient 188.8.131.52 may not work for you.
Windows 7 (64 bit) and Vista (64 bit) Army users download ActivClient 184.108.40.206 from:
Click on link titled: ActivClient CAC x64 62050 (12,316.5 KB .msi file) select Save (save to your computer), then follow installation instructions below.
Windows 7 (32bit), Vista (32bit), & XP Army users download ActivClient 220.127.116.11 from:
Click on the link titled: ActivClient CAC x86 62050 (15,222.5 KB .msi file) select Save (save it to your computer), then follow installation instructions below.
If you are unsure of which version of Windows 7, Vista, or XP you have, look below:
If you are unsure which version of Windows you have, here is how to find out:
Vista, 7 & 8: Right click Computer, select Properties. Look under the System section, System type: it will display either 32 or 64-bit Operating System.
XP: Right click My Computer, Properties. If it doesn't show 64-bit, you have a 32-bit Operating System.
NOTE: If you have Windows XP (64 bit) be aware that the 64-bit 6.2 version doesn't work. You will need the 64 bit ActivClient 6.1 AND IF you have the newer CAC, you also need to download and install an update.
ACTIVCLIENT 6.2 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (for all versions of Windows):
1. Double click the file you downloaded, select Next
2. Read the EULA, select "I accept the terms...", select Next
3. Verify Typical is selected, select Next, Install, (It may pause at this screen for a little while, be patient. Windows 7 & Vista may prompt you to allow the following program to install software on this computer?, Select Yes.
4. Uncheck the Show the readme file box (after you read it). Select Finish.
5. Update ActivClient 6.2.0.x to the latest version, restart your computer, and attempt to access the CAC enabled sites you need to access.
Here are more options for you (if the above don't work)
YOU ARE FINISHED (IF YOU ONLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO LOGON TO AKO, check your webmail (or other CAC enabled websites with your CAC).
IF you want to be able to type forms and digitally sign them, you'll need to
PROCEED TO STEP 5 - TO INSTALL LOTUS FORMS VIEWER
ACTIVCLIENT INSTALLATION PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
ARMY ACTIVCLIENT 18.104.22.168 DOWNLOAD and INSTALLATION ASSISTANCE (All other branches see your options on http://militarycac.com/activclient.htm
NOTE: Only use ActivClient 22.214.171.124 with Windows 8 / 8.1, DO NOT Install it on Windows 7, Vista, or XP (use ActivClient 126.96.36.199 above)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (64bit) Army users download ActivClient 188.8.131.52 from: https://ako.us.army.mil/suite/files/40954911
Click on the link titled: ActivClient x64 7.0.2 (34.55 MB .msi file) select Save As (save it to your computer), then follow instructions below.
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32bit) Army users download ActivClient 184.108.40.206 from: https://ako.us.army.mil/suite/files/40954921
Click on the link titled: ActivClient x86 7.0.2 (22.02 MB .msi file) select Save As (save it to your computer), then follow instructions below.
ACTIVCLIENT 220.127.116.11 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for Army Windows 8 & 8.1 users ONLY:
1. Double click the file you downloaded from the links above, select Next
2. Read the EULA, select I accept the terms..., Next
3. Select Custom, Next, scroll down and select the red X next to US Department of Defense configuration, select This feature will be installed on local hard drive, select Next, then Install, (it may pause at this screen for a little while). You may be prompted to allow the following program to install software on this computer, Select Yes.
4. Uncheck the Show the readme file box (after you have read it). Select Finish
5. Update ActivClient 7.0.2.x to the latest version, restart your computer, now attempt to access the CAC enabled sites you need to access.
If you have questions or suggestions for this site, contact Michael J. Danberry
Are you interested in subscribing to the CACNews email list?
Last Update or Review: Saturday, 21 February 2015 15:03 hrs
The following domain
names all resolve to the same website: ChiefsCACSite.com,
The following domain names all resolve to the same website: ChiefsCACSite.com, CommonAccessCard.us, CommonAccessCard.info, & ChiefGeek.us