MilitaryCAC Forums
July 28, 2014, 17:33:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm sorry, if you really want to be a member to this forum email me:  http://militarycac.com/questions.htm  I'm getting between 25-50 request for SPAMMERS to join the forum EVERY day.  I spend more time deleting and creating rules to stop them.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request help with Adobe reader  (Read 24339 times)
HoneyBadger
Army

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2012, 18:16:55 »

From MS Word performed save-as .pdf, opened .pdf file in Adobe reader 10.1.3 but can not digital sign my self created .pdf file. Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
'I'll keep my guns, money and freedom you can keep the change' - Tea Party Slogan
Lippy
Army

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:43:56 »

Perhaps the PDF was not extended features for Adobe Reader thus not allowing Reader to save data with the PDF.

Something I have seen all too often.

Attach the PDF and I'll take a look at it.
HoneyBadger
Army

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:15:13 »

Perhaps the PDF was not extended features for Adobe Reader thus not allowing Reader to save data with the PDF.

Something I have seen all too often.

Attach the PDF and I'll take a look at it.

Attached is a test document as requested.

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
'I'll keep my guns, money and freedom you can keep the change' - Tea Party Slogan
Lippy
Army

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:07:07 »

That wasn't even an Interactive Form (created with MS Word), let alone extended features for Adobe reader.

See the attached...
HoneyBadger
Army

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:38:54 »

Ok I see your file allows insertion of a digital signature, now tell me how you did it.

Lippy
Army

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 11:05:36 »

I loaded the file in Adobe Acrobat thinking that it did not have extended features for Adobe Reader.  I could see that it was not an Adobe form and that it only had a rectangle for the intended Signing Certificate field.

I loaded the PDF into Adobe LifeCycle Designer and chose the Signature field and dragged it over the rectangle.  I then expanded the field to cover the rectangle you had in place then saved the PDF.

I then loaded it in Adobe Acrobat and chose Advanced --> Extend features in Adobe Reader then saved the form.  If you don't extend features in Adobe Reader then only Adobe Acrobat can save data to the form.
HoneyBadger
Army

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 12:37:21 »

I loaded the file in Adobe Acrobat thinking that it did not have extended features for Adobe Reader.  I could see that it was not an Adobe form and that it only had a rectangle for the intended Signing Certificate field.

I loaded the PDF into Adobe LifeCycle Designer and chose the Signature field and dragged it over the rectangle.  I then expanded the field to cover the rectangle you had in place then saved the PDF.

I then loaded it in Adobe Acrobat and chose Advanced --> Extend features in Adobe Reader then saved the form.  If you don't extend features in Adobe Reader then only Adobe Acrobat can save data to the form.

I'm looking for the capability to digital sign a MS Word or Powerpoint document Adobe LifeCycle Designer is beyond the use and scope of a typical home user.

Lippy
Army

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 15:28:18 »

Typical Home User's don't do PKI and digitally sign forms and they don't have associated Smart Card middleware.

Adobe LifeCycle Designer (included with Adobe Acrobat Professional) is the best way to create fillable forms that can be digitally signed.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:37:44 by Lippy » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: