ASSISTANCE FOR APPLE USERS
A large share of the questions we receive can be corrected / answered by you trying these ideas first:
1. Please relook at the Mac CAC Install page for instructions on how to install what is needed to use a CAC on your Mac.
2. If your CAC does not work, you may have received a PIV II CAC. You can verify by looking on the back of your CAC above the black magnetic strip for either of these (see examples below). For Gemalto TOP DL GX4 144 or Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 Dual CAC holders look here for your options at step 6.
3. If you have an SCR-331 CAC reader, you will need to update the firmware to be able to use the reader on your Mac. There is still no guarantee it will work, it is however a free option to try before purchasing a new reader.
4. If you are having problems accessing websites you have accessed recently, follow this guidance to clear the login section of your keychain.
5. If you have an IOGear GSR202, GSR202V, or GSR203 CAC reader and are having problems with it. You may need to downgrade the firmware on it (using a Windows computer (or Bootcamped Mac)) by following the instructions here.
6. DoD Root certificates on your Mac only go up to CA 26, so, if your CAC has a CA between 27-32 you need to install all of the CAs 27-32 and CA Email 27-32. You can download the AllCerts.zip file, then double click each certificate in the folder to have them installed on your system.
7. If DTS is not working, please look at the DTS support page.
8. If you installed PKard, you can contact them for support
9. If you installed Centrify, you can contact them for support
10. You see "Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)." Or your system worked recently, but has since stopped working for webmail / OWA, try these ideas:
10-1. Close all open browsers, reopen one of them and try accessing the site again.
10-3. Follow #6 above
10-4. If you are using Chrome, make sure it is updated to at least version: 26.0.1410.65. You can verify this by opening Chrome and typing: chrome://version/
***NOTE: If none of the 5 ideas in #10 work for Error Code 500, please contact the Army Enterprise Service Desk and demand they support you and figure it out. Over 90% of the questions I'm receiving now are this error message. The ideas above have worked for some and not others. Their number is: 866-335-2769***
If you are a Windows user, go here to ask your question. (Please do NOT use the form below for Windows questions)
Please provide the correct information we're asking in the form below. The intent is to reply to you with the correct ideas for you to try. We may steer you in the wrong direction if you provide incorrect information below.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM FOR Mac SUPPORT
The 2 current CAC Types are...
Look at the back of your ID card above the black strip for either one of these. If you have any other versions, you need to visit an ID card office and get it replaced. All CACs other than these two were to be replaced by 1 October 2012.
Which CAC do I have video
Read more about the older CACs and replacing them
Contact us the following ways:
If you have questions or suggestions for this site, contact Michael J. Danberry
Are you interested in subscribing to the CACNews email list?
Last Update or Review: Sunday, 19 May 2013 13:57 hrs
The following domain names all resolve to the same website: ChiefsCACSite.com, CommonAccessCard.us, CommonAccessCard.info, & ChiefGeek.us